I recently saw this list of rules a father shared with his son on the son’s 18th birthday. They should be shared with every young man reaching that important milestone. So please… feel free to do so.
1. Go for women “out of your league!!” You’ll surprise yourself.
2. Never have sex with someone who doesn’t want it as much as you do.
3. Never hit anyone unless they are a threat.
4. Buy watches… and have one for every occasion.
5. Never take her to the movies on the first date.
6. Buy good face lotion.
7. Nothing looks more bad-ass than a tailored suit.
8. Shave with the grain on the first go around.
9. Always look a person in the eyes when you talk to them.
10. Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
11. Brush your teeth before you get dressed.
12. A small amount of your paycheck should go into savings every payday.
13. Call your Mother every week.
14. Never wear a clip-on tie… learn to tie one.
15. Always give a firm handshake.
16. Compliment her shoes.
17. Never leave a glass of Scotch unfinished.
18. If you aren’t confident… fake it. It will come.
19. You can judge the size of a man by the size of things that bother him.
20. Be conscious of your body language.
21. Always stand to shake someone’s hand.
22. The ONLY reason to ever point a gun at someone is if you intend to shoot them.
23. Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
24. Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.
25. Keep a change of clothes with you.
26. Buy good tools so you only have to by them once.
27. Always keep $100 in your wallet.
28. Go with the decision that will make a good story.
29. When you walk, look straight ahead and not at your feet.
30. Nice guys don’t finish last. Boring guys do.
31. Find your passion and figure out how to get paid doing it.
32. Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
33. No matter their status in life, respect everyone.
34. The most important thing is responsibility. Bad things happen… its your job to overcome them.
35. The first one to get angry loses.
36. Do what needs to be done without complaining.
37. Never stop learning.
38. Always go out in public like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
39. Don’t change yourself to make someone happy… unless that someone is you.
40. If you’re the smartest one in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
41. Luck favors the prepared.
42. Women find confidence extremely sexy.
43. Do whatever you want in life, but be the best at it.
44. Not one person has ever been on their death bed wishing they had spent more time at work. ENJOY YOUR LIFE!